Imperial Knight
is Watching Serial Experiments
Lain. WTF o.O

Wtf

Points: 5,142, Level: 45 Points: 5,142, Level: 45 Points: 5,142, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
jcoc611 will become famous soon enough jcoc611 will become famous soon enough
Default Eternal Nightmare: Journey in the Sand [Chapter 4]

This is Chapter Four of the story I'm writing. I will keep posting short chapters once in a while. I thank you for reading this, it truly helps me!

If you haven't read the first three chapters, here they are:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Play this song as you read. I didn't compose it; however, I will compose one for the next chapter (and I will continue to do that: compose a song for each other chapter (so chapter six wouldn't have an original song)).
Eternal Nightmare - Chapter 4, Journey in the Sand

My heart stopped. I donít have enough time to replenish my energy and execute the booster. A few more seconds and they will spot me. I take a deep breath and start drinking Water. I know that I can take them on, or at least escape from them. I canít afford to fail here. Who would save my family if it isnít me?

I take a step forward, ready for anything. However, a sudden thought makes me think twice. If they realize I can use Execution, they will definitely call for more Darkened Slayers, and that would be the end of me. Whatever I do, I should act as if I was defenseless.

With the energy I just replenished, I deactivate the command that hides my house. The darkened slayers had already spotted my house before I did so. They are wearing their black leather capes with inscriptions burnt into them of symbols that I canít recognize. They are now holding their dark blades and crossing their arms, just like I do, creating a double cross. Their skin is of a white color and is covered in soft black veins and a Slayer Mark on the surface of each arm and up to the hands, glowing in a vermillion red. They are advancing at a fast pace through the dunes, and leaving a dust cloud behind them. Their crimson eyes behind the shadow created by the cape shine and look at me. I can feel the darkened presence overflowing the surroundings. I stay still, hoping for the best.

I take a deep breath again, opening my arms wide and closing my eyes slowly. I hear the Darkened Slayers call and execute their commands in a deep, demonical voice, and then I feel the cold chains surround me, making me collapse into the floor. The cold metallic chains move fast with a clinging sound, pressing against my chest like a snake. Their dark Execution is making me levitate in the air. I am facing my sand house. Mirrors are still scattered along the gray, majestic entrance with carvings of my familyís faces that I drew in my free time. Behind the entrance is the main corridor to my room and the wide area that I use for training. The Darkened Slayers seem to ignore the golden well, which is what could potentially give my powers away.

We start advancing through the dunes at a high speed. The Darkened Slayer that is pulling me, and that had executed the command to make me levitate, is at the front. The other two are behind, making sure I donít try anything suspicious. They glide through the sand without holding their two arms in a cross shape. Their red eyes pierce through mine.

I canít see my house anymore, just infinite dunes. The yellowish color, the heat, the despair, they all seem to resemble something. Suddenly, I am enveloped into a flashback of when I was roaming through this place. I feel bizarre: not even once in the past years had I remembered my experience in this desert, until today.

I had been walking for one day. I didnít feel tired at all. The sun didnít burn me, or dry my energies up. I would not stop until I find a place that I can settle on, or maybe find another city where my family could be. The sun was then close to setting, and there was nothing but an infinite desert in every direction. I would not stop.

The fading of the sun, the twilight, and then the night took me to a deep sleep. I lay on the rough sand as I was immersed into a dream. I was back at Zetsubo in a bright day. I walked through the empty streets. The city was completely empty, or thatís what I thought. Suddenly, I heard a voice.

ďSatoru!Ē a girl screamed, calling for me. I turned around to face the speaker. It was my sister, and a Darkened Slayer was behind her, ready to slice her throat open with his Execution Blade. I could see the face of the slayer. Below the red eyes was a demonical smile, along with an old scar. I sprinted towards him decisively. The slayer didnít think twice. My sister was bleeding out, and the slayer had disappeared into the darkness of the night that had consumed the city in seconds.

ďNO! AIRI, DONíT DIE! WHO AM I GONNA FIGHT FOR NOW?!Ē I screamed with all my force.

Before I knew how the dream ended, I was woken up by a roaming camel. I was dazzled by the light. The first thing I was able to make out of the brightness were two round, golden eyes looking curiously at me. I was still mesmerized, when suddenly my mind came back to the desert, and I jumped so high that the camel had to take a step back. It was a bright, golden animal; my savior.

I climbed the camel and started advancing through the deep dunes. I was very thankful for my companion. We kept advancing for hours. The sun was finally taking effect on my skin. We were both getting tired, but I still thought that the best thing to do was to keep moving no matter what. I was wrong.

I felt the camel sinking slowly. Suddenly, a big block of the dune started to get loose. We fell down the mountain of sand for at least a minute. The camel died there. I got up and tried to breathe again. I was at the end of the desert, where a valley of sand stood in front of me. In the distance I could see a pointy figure. I followed it. It was the well.
I rushed back to the camel, and keeled close to it. I tried to help, but it was worthless. I cried, for I owed this being my life. I was then bewildered by the sparks of light that were coming out of it. Before long, the whole camel had turned into light, and then dissipated through the air.

I gathered my strengths to form my resolve, and then stood up to continue fighting against the desert. I walked decisively towards the well, but something was weird. The sand was moving violently. Hands then started to burst out of it; Darkened Slayersí hands. They grabbed my legs and pulled me under, into the dark.
I hope you liked it. Thanks a lot for reading.

jcoc611 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jcoc611 For This Useful Post:
dragonwate (February 22, 2012), ebz (February 25, 2012), Mystogan (February 22, 2012), Sakura (February 23, 2012), Shinra (February 22, 2012), ShodinWarrior (February 22, 2012), yaya32498 (February 23, 2012)
Old February 22, 2012   #2
Avenger
is Guess it starts with a rose
painted with black

Crazy

Points: 15,084, Level: 79 Points: 15,084, Level: 79 Points: 15,084, Level: 79
dragonwate is a glorious beacon of light dragonwate is a glorious beacon of light dragonwate is a glorious beacon of light dragonwate is a glorious beacon of light dragonwate is a glorious beacon of light dragonwate is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to dragonwate

Lol he gets captured then relives a flashback then he gets captured again wtf capception. Well the story was good I liked what you put down.
Old February 22, 2012   #3
Imperial Knight
Lain. WTF o.O

Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwate View Post
Lol he gets captured then relives a flashback then he gets captured again wtf capception. Well the story was good I liked what you put down.
Hehe I think you can tell by now that he hasn't had it easy XD
Thanks for reading dragonwate!

Old February 22, 2012   #4
Honorary Staff
is GFX High Speed

Sneaky
Snake Champion

Points: 36,279, Level: 100 Points: 36,279, Level: 100 Points: 36,279, Level: 100
Thanked 1,081 Times in 564 Posts
Mystogan has much to be proud of Mystogan has much to be proud of Mystogan has much to be proud of Mystogan has much to be proud of Mystogan has much to be proud of Mystogan has much to be proud of Mystogan has much to be proud of Mystogan has much to be proud of Mystogan has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to Mystogan

Really good story Jcoc..
You gave a pretty good amount of detailed information on what was going on around the protagonists. Also the description of the setting were right on. Song choice was pretty good to. It helped shape the theme of the story. I actually thought that his sister was going to die, but hey. Good thing the opposite happened :P
Looking forward for the next part man.
-------> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] |[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<-------

-----> Ü "Music Is Moonlight In The Gloomy Night Of Life" Ü <-----
------------------------------

Mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mystogan For This Useful Post:
jcoc611 (February 22, 2012)
Old February 22, 2012   #5
Dub
Banned
VIP
is enjoying the blue oyster

Meh

Points: 7,221, Level: 56 Points: 7,221, Level: 56 Points: 7,221, Level: 56
Dub has a spectacular aura about Dub has a spectacular aura about

Very nice and I agree there's some capception going on xD.
Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dub For This Useful Post:
Old February 22, 2012   #6
Imperial Knight
Lain. WTF o.O

Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystogan View Post
Really good story Jcoc..
You gave a pretty good amount of detailed information on what was going on around the protagonists. Also the description of the setting were right on. Song choice was pretty good to. It helped shape the theme of the story. I actually thought that his sister was going to die, but hey. Good thing the opposite happened :P
Looking forward for the next part man.
Thanks a lot for reading and feedback!
His sister did die, thank god it was a dream ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animedubbing101 View Post
Very nice and I agree there's some capception going on xD.
Thanks for reading!
hehe Capception XD

Old February 22, 2012   #7
Imperial Knight
is just another failure

Depressed

Points: 10,839, Level: 68 Points: 10,839, Level: 68 Points: 10,839, Level: 68
ShodinWarrior is a jewel in the rough ShodinWarrior is a jewel in the rough ShodinWarrior is a jewel in the rough

i loved the detail...and it was a nice move giving a flashback.. cant wait for the nexr one ^^
Old February 22, 2012   #8
Imperial Knight
is moe moe kyun <3

Godly

Points: 4,850, Level: 44 Points: 4,850, Level: 44 Points: 4,850, Level: 44
Shinra will become famous soon enough Shinra will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Shinra

Nice chapter jcoc :)

I loved how you presented us with the details on what was going on around his surroundings, how he was captured and saved by his Camel. Also I loved your flashback piece, it was detailed very well and now we know more about what happened in his past and I'm loving this part about him venturing alone in the dunes after his Camel dies out, only to be pulled down by the hands of the slayers, I wonder what will happen next, I'm really excited.. xD

~We don't get to choose what happens to us, just what we do about it~
| [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] |
Shinra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shinra For This Useful Post:
Old February 22, 2012   #9
Imperial Knight
Lain. WTF o.O

Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShodinWarrior View Post
i loved the detail...and it was a nice move giving a flashback.. cant wait for the nexr one ^^
Thanks for reading & leaving feedback! I'm glad you liked it ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinra View Post
Nice chapter jcoc :)

I loved how you presented us with the details on what was going on around his surroundings, how he was captured and saved by his Camel. Also I loved your flashback piece, it was detailed very well and now we know more about what happened in his past and I'm loving this part about him venturing alone in the dunes after his Camel dies out, only to be pulled down by the hands of the slayers, I wonder what will happen next, I'm really excited.. xD
Thanks! This chapter was mostly about his past & his journey in the desert :)
I'm also really excited to know that you are excited XD
Thanks again :P

Old February 22, 2012   #10
Elite Paladin
is :O

Sneaky

Dany1908 is just really nice Dany1908 is just really nice Dany1908 is just really nice Dany1908 is just really nice

i must agree with all before me the chapter was very good and nice detail put in it

Dany1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dany1908 For This Useful Post:
jcoc611 (February 23, 2012)