is Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou is
the best I've seen this
season!

Meh

Points: 6,953, Level: 55 Points: 6,953, Level: 55 Points: 6,953, Level: 55
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
BTBenjammin1444 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Shakugan No Shana Discussion

For me, when I reached the third season, I didn't expect much....Everything went better than expected! Your thoughts?
Old April 7, 2012   #2
Knight
is peeking under skirts...

Godly

Points: 1,938, Level: 26 Points: 1,938, Level: 26 Points: 1,938, Level: 26
uwinaako will become famous soon enough uwinaako will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to uwinaako

i'm just amazed on how yuuji gets stronger, not because snake of the festival resides in him...
Old April 7, 2012   #3
Master Knight
is Preparing for exams

Depressed

Points: 5,767, Level: 49 Points: 5,767, Level: 49 Points: 5,767, Level: 49
Speedyy has a spectacular aura about Speedyy has a spectacular aura about Speedyy has a spectacular aura about

Its was kinda okay

P.S. Use the >>Search Button << before making a new Thread.

Speedyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2012   #4
Adept Paladin
is Morose

Depressed

skypiercer is just really nice skypiercer is just really nice skypiercer is just really nice skypiercer is just really nice

To me, the third season was... disappointing. One of the reasons why I watched Shakugan no Shana was because Yuuji was build in as a character with goodness. He was weak, but he did all that he could to help those that he care for. That was how his character is develop. The third season changed that about him. They added unnecessary drama when they could have focus more on the love triangle.

I personally think that the anime would have been far better if Yuuji were to be brainwashed by The Snake of Festival rather than what really happened in the anime. Regardless, even if I find it to be disappointing, there will be others who find it interesting.
Old April 7, 2012   #5
Imperial Knight

Annoyed

Points: 6,667, Level: 53 Points: 6,667, Level: 53 Points: 6,667, Level: 53
MightyMachuca will become famous soon enough

you know i never even finished the 2nd season O__o should really get started on that...

Anime-Planet.com - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
MightyMachuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2012   #6
Master Soldier
is Indecisive As Always

Godly

Points: 2,102, Level: 27 Points: 2,102, Level: 27 Points: 2,102, Level: 27
Nonky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypiercer View Post
To me, the third season was... disappointing. One of the reasons why I watched Shakugan no Shana was because Yuuji was build in as a character with goodness. He was weak, but he did all that he could to help those that he care for. That was how his character is develop. The third season changed that about him. They added unnecessary drama when they could have focus more on the love triangle.

I personally think that the anime would have been far better if Yuuji were to be brainwashed by The Snake of Festival rather than what really happened in the anime. Regardless, even if I find it to be disappointing, there will be others who find it interesting.
Each to their own I guess. I on the other hand thought that making Yuuji become the antagonist was such an risque thing to do that most mangaka (and anime) would shy away from and should be commended. At the end of Yuuji still had these characteristics of "Goodness" as he was intending to sacrificing everything to free Shana from her fate as a flame haze. Also, he was still "weak" until the very end, just not physically. His inability to accept his own potential happiness, until Spiral Organ and Shana intervine, is evidence of this. Also If you wanted to focus more on a love triangle you could have just watched a cheap highschool romance. I personally would have hated to see Yoshida vs. Shana love triangle. The romance element in SnS was balanced to a good level in all honesty. I think season 3 was the best part of SnS as a complete series. The ending was truly a satisfying end to one of my favourite series.
Old April 9, 2012   #7
Commoner
is CONFUSED!!

Depressed

Points: 2,019, Level: 27 Points: 2,019, Level: 27 Points: 2,019, Level: 27
franzkk56 is on a distinguished road

for me the 3rd season is good (not that good though) . . i really hate it when they started to introduce tons of new characters into the series (it was like O.o who are they??) but the ending was wrapped in very good got no complains with that overall it was a good anime though it could be better
Old April 10, 2012   #8
Master Knight
is Mourhino and Moyes fired yet

Amused

Points: 4,753, Level: 44 Points: 4,753, Level: 44 Points: 4,753, Level: 44
NewDoctorWho will become famous soon enough NewDoctorWho will become famous soon enough

This season was good the action was near non stop the plot was good the large scale fights was brilliant and it had a nice ending. The only grip I do have was that it had far too many new characters all at once with no real background on them,Over all I this was nicely done.
Old April 16, 2012   #9
Noble Knight
is Procrastinating

Points: 2,325, Level: 29 Points: 2,325, Level: 29 Points: 2,325, Level: 29
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
Crom_The_Pale has a spectacular aura about Crom_The_Pale has a spectacular aura about Crom_The_Pale has a spectacular aura about

I was a bit dissapointed myself. Not so much that Yuji was the 'villian' so much as how the entire season was a single plot. That dragged things out a bit too much for my liking. As for the ending I was a bit ticked at how easily Shana forgave him. His actions led dirrectly to the death of many Flame Haze.

While I did like the series as a whole I almost wish I had stopped after the second season. There was just too much in the 3rd season that didn't add up to me. So all the denzines AND the flame haze go to the knew world to continue the battle there?

The biggest problem I had with the series as a whole was the concept of the Torches. I get that having peoples existence wiped out would toss the world out of balance. However, how does delaying that, which is all a torch actually does, fix anything? It would have made more sense to me if the torches gave the person a chance at a semi normal death and permited their memory to live on in others. That would create more of a check&balance system.

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................................VICTORY!
Crom_The_Pale is offline   Reply With Quote