Go Back   AnimeUltima.TV Forums > Anime & Manga > General Anime Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23, 2013   #1
Master Knight
is ... well... something...

Sneaky

Points: 4,518, Level: 42 Points: 4,518, Level: 42 Points: 4,518, Level: 42
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Gabbynaruto is a jewel in the roughGabbynaruto is a jewel in the roughGabbynaruto is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Gabbynaruto
Default Why do people like yandere girls so much?

Hi guys!

So, I have a small question that's been bothering me for a while now. I'm not big on anime, I only watch to enjoy a good story, since I'm no fan of reading. Now, one of the things that got my attention, and got on my nerves lately, was the fact that people seem to idolize yandere girls.

Now, I personally am not a big fan of yandere. Out of all the yandere I've seen, I can say I only enjoyed Rolo Lamperouge and Ryoko Asakura, because they were portrayed really well, even when showing their dangerous side. But, people on pretty much every anime community I'm following (including AU) seem to think that all yandere girls are amazing.

Now, my reasons of not liking yandere girls are simple:
- They are dangerous. I do not understand why people would want to have a person that is ready to stab you at any moment next to them. I would like a sound counter argument to make me understand why people like this.
- Most of them are creepy and/or annoying. Related to the previous statement, the fact that the characters are dangerous makes them a little awkward to hang around with, and the situations only range from creepy character who plots behind to annoying b*tch. Best example (for me): Ayase from OreImo.
- Most, if not all of them, seem to have serious mental health issues. The reasoning is simple to this, in no society is acceptable to carry a knife with you. Or handcuffs in the house (Ayase).
- The switch between sweet and diabolic makes them bad characters. I love characters with multiple personalities, but if that's what the yandere are trying to portray, none of them are doing a good job with it. The character switch is too sudden, it is always good and evil, and brings nothing interesting to make me personally like either side, since both seem to be neglected because of the other.
- They act like overly-attached girlfirends all the time. And that's creepier than having a stalker follow you around all the time. For whoever thinks this makes them more attractive, I think this only poses a wall in front of you, that slowly closes in on you and turns into a cage of no escape. The price: your freedom. Personally, I like my freedom far more than I will ever like a girl, and that's why I think I will never be able to like an yandere, since they all seem to put a wall in front of you and refuse you some freedoms you truly are rightful of.

Now that I stated my arguments, I would like, if you would be kind enough, to try your best to counter them with logical and sound arguments, so that I will be able to understand what makes yandere such wonderful and interesting characters that they deserve to be loved on such a wide scale.

Thank you very much!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Gabbynaruto is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabbynaruto For This Useful Post:
Chigo (June 23, 2013)
Old June 23, 2013   #2
Founder
VIP
is the Yaoi king

Innocent

Points: 127,772, Level: 100 Points: 127,772, Level: 100 Points: 127,772, Level: 100
Activity: 71% Activity: 71% Activity: 71%
Thanked 4,592 Times in 3,778 Posts
Mladen is just fucking awesomeMladen is just fucking awesomeMladen is just fucking awesomeMladen is just fucking awesomeMladen is just fucking awesomeMladen is just fucking awesomeMladen is just fucking awesomeMladen is just fucking awesomeMladen is just fucking awesomeMladen is just fucking awesomeMladen is just fucking awesome
Send a message via Skype™ to Mladen

Well, I have liking towards crazy characters, so I kinda like Yandere because of that. I like those extreme Yandere that go berserk and kill people, and I don't really care about those less dangerous ones xD

Also, I like all that innocent on the outside, psycho on the inside stuff :D

Mladen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2013   #3
Elite Paladin
is summertime record.

Meh

Points: 60,243, Level: 100 Points: 60,243, Level: 100 Points: 60,243, Level: 100
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Thanked 3,580 Times in 2,750 Posts
Kyuubi_Conduit is just fucking awesomeKyuubi_Conduit is just fucking awesomeKyuubi_Conduit is just fucking awesomeKyuubi_Conduit is just fucking awesomeKyuubi_Conduit is just fucking awesomeKyuubi_Conduit is just fucking awesomeKyuubi_Conduit is just fucking awesomeKyuubi_Conduit is just fucking awesomeKyuubi_Conduit is just fucking awesomeKyuubi_Conduit is just fucking awesomeKyuubi_Conduit is just fucking awesome

They're special.
In that extreme way.

Kyuubi_Conduit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2013   #4
Progenitor
is wandering around.

Meh

Points: 139,449, Level: 100 Points: 139,449, Level: 100 Points: 139,449, Level: 100
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,914 Posts
Ovyda is just fucking awesomeOvyda is just fucking awesomeOvyda is just fucking awesomeOvyda is just fucking awesomeOvyda is just fucking awesomeOvyda is just fucking awesomeOvyda is just fucking awesomeOvyda is just fucking awesomeOvyda is just fucking awesomeOvyda is just fucking awesomeOvyda is just fucking awesome
Send a message via Skype™ to Ovyda

TL;DR (for now)

I simply love yandere's because they are not mainstream. You don't get to see them often, not even talking that such characters do not exist in the real world. Well you say they do, but we call them crazy maniacs who have some mental issues.

It gets boring every time seeing a tsundere, loli or badass girls. We need bigger variety and here comes yandere girls who are rare species but they make the anime so much better. The bring some thrill into the show. I am more into darker themed anime's, so yeah gore and blood stuff are needed to me and this is what yandere's bring.
Ovyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2013   #5
Imperial Knight
is On the trail of the Gray Wolf

Friendly

Points: 3,418, Level: 36 Points: 3,418, Level: 36 Points: 3,418, Level: 36
Leprechaun99 will become famous soon enoughLeprechaun99 will become famous soon enough

i like them. i am fascinated by them. i enjoy the darkness and blood they bring to the anime, and the thrill that goes up my spine when they go psycho.

also, i dont know which society you're talking of where carrying a knife isnt acceptable, but, where i live, it is normal: pocket knives, swiss army knives, combat knives... there's a long list.

Last edited by Leprechaun99; June 23, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
Leprechaun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2013   #6
Master Knight
is having soul-flavored tea with
youkai.

Crazy

Points: 5,630, Level: 48 Points: 5,630, Level: 48 Points: 5,630, Level: 48
NeKoRoKeTto will become famous soon enoughNeKoRoKeTto will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to NeKoRoKeTto

Cause I'll yandere right back at them...Perfect Couple Forever...rofl...
Old June 23, 2013   #7
Knight
is thinking of drawing, but is
watching anime instead

Tired

Points: 3,790, Level: 38 Points: 3,790, Level: 38 Points: 3,790, Level: 38
Yeh_Luh will become famous soon enough

don't like yandere, but Ayase isn't so bad, go watch school days and then bi*** about yandere

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]/[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]/[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Yeh_Luh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2013   #8
Imperial Knight

Tired

Points: 5,200, Level: 46 Points: 5,200, Level: 46 Points: 5,200, Level: 46
TheronXHunter will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to TheronXHunter

Who said I like them?? I don't ^^ , though the only Yandere I saw was gasai yuno :/ so I got no right to talk about it :)

Set made by:DelteusThe73rd. Thanks Delty for this set....I think ^^;

TheronXHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2013   #9
Private

Innocent

Points: 1,040, Level: 17 Points: 1,040, Level: 17 Points: 1,040, Level: 17
Ylaya is on a distinguished road

Yandere's are like Ferrero Rochers to some...

Sweet and little bumpy on the outside, Smooth "Fillings", but you know for sure there is a Nut in the core...

Hell would I know... People liking Yandere Ferrero Rocher to Kuudere Fazer Marianne Chocolate Filled Mints or even Tsundere Cadbury Eclairs its really just their Mental buds.

Oreimo's Ayase is definately not a Yandere, Kuudere/Tsundere perhaps... but definitely not Yandere.

The voice of Yandere is stronger because it is not something one could find in real life, same reason why most boys achieve Grade 8 Syndrome or why the hell truffles are fungal golds.
Ylaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2013   #10
Guardian
is back from an exact 7 days of
electricity-less-ness to catch
up on her activities

Cool

Points: 19,767, Level: 88 Points: 19,767, Level: 88 Points: 19,767, Level: 88
Thanked 1,155 Times in 778 Posts
kyla8132 has much to be proud ofkyla8132 has much to be proud ofkyla8132 has much to be proud ofkyla8132 has much to be proud ofkyla8132 has much to be proud ofkyla8132 has much to be proud ofkyla8132 has much to be proud ofkyla8132 has much to be proud ofkyla8132 has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to kyla8132

I don't really think anyone would like to handle yandere IRL.
It's just an anime fan craze cause y'know. It's anime.
Yandere can love like no one else can.
Depends on the yandere's character whether their love would be worth more than a hundred (exaggeration, maybe just 10 or 12 = P)
Some yandere would kill the one they love so they could keep them for themselves but some just couldn't do it so they would just kill those who go after the one they love.

Ayase's yandere-ism is mostly just for fun either = P
Anyhow, it's lovable.
Anime-wise. It's too much pressure IRL.