Watch Anime Online

Watch Streaming Anime Online Free - English Subbed & Dubbed Episodes

Go Back   AnimeUltima.TV Forums > Main Category > General Discussion > Debate Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2012   #1
Valiant Knight
is surfing around

Meh

Points: 3,816, Level: 39 Points: 3,816, Level: 39 Points: 3,816, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
HallowFiend will become famous soon enough HallowFiend will become famous soon enough
Default Your Opinion on Marriage

What is your opinion on marriage? Is it a necessity for people who have been together for a while? Or do you think it's unnecessary?

Personally, I don't think getting married is that big of a deal (and no it's not because I'm a guy). My grandparents have been together for over 20 years, and marriage was something they talked about and decided was frivolous. If they love each other, what exactly is the reason for getting married? Does a certificate make their love official? I don't think it does. My Uncle and his girlfriend have also been together for 6 years and they seem perfectly happy and have no plans for getting married.

So really, what is the big deal about marriage?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
HallowFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2012   #2
Honorary Staff Member
VIP
is Conquering!

Sneaky

Points: 33,773, Level: 100 Points: 33,773, Level: 100 Points: 33,773, Level: 100
KzBrEaKeR is a splendid one to behold KzBrEaKeR is a splendid one to behold KzBrEaKeR is a splendid one to behold KzBrEaKeR is a splendid one to behold KzBrEaKeR is a splendid one to behold KzBrEaKeR is a splendid one to behold KzBrEaKeR is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to KzBrEaKeR Send a message via MSN to KzBrEaKeR Send a message via Skype™ to KzBrEaKeR

I dont see it as a big deal either but of course every one of us has different points of views.
Old February 13, 2012   #3
Imperial Knight

Tired

Points: 4,375, Level: 42 Points: 4,375, Level: 42 Points: 4,375, Level: 42
otakuofdeath will become famous soon enough otakuofdeath will become famous soon enough

ya, same......i don't think it's a big deal.....i guess you should do it sooner or later, but i don't really see the meaning in it......that, and it's so much trouble to go through for something you both should allready know by then (you love each other) not saying people shouldn't get married, but i don't think there's a need to make as big a deal out it as some tend to do.......
otakuofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2012   #4
Vindicator
is Never trust an atom, they make
up everything.

Amused

Points: 126,621, Level: 100 Points: 126,621, Level: 100 Points: 126,621, Level: 100
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
Thanked 5,858 Times in 3,866 Posts
Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome

i actually do think it's a big deal..

getting married means the state recognises you as a couple.. they basically merge your individual rights from 2 persons to 1 person..
like you and your wife are legally responsible for each other..
don't get me wrong, you still have your right as an individual...

but without a pre~nup basically she owns half of your life and you hers.. the state actually protects the idea of marriage if either one of you Cheats the marriage that person will suffer the consequences..
your finances also merge.. it's complicated, but marriage definitely should not be taken lightly..
Godless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2012   #5
Visionary
is designing levels

Secret

Points: 32,736, Level: 100 Points: 32,736, Level: 100 Points: 32,736, Level: 100
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,798 Posts
GnetiS has a reputation beyond repute GnetiS has a reputation beyond repute GnetiS has a reputation beyond repute GnetiS has a reputation beyond repute GnetiS has a reputation beyond repute GnetiS has a reputation beyond repute GnetiS has a reputation beyond repute GnetiS has a reputation beyond repute GnetiS has a reputation beyond repute GnetiS has a reputation beyond repute GnetiS has a reputation beyond repute

It's not neccesary, it's just a way for people who really like each other to show off their love to the others.
I guess if you're religious there's something involving that........

In my opinion weddings is a way for people to show off, and get presents <.<

GnetiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2012   #6
Guardian
is tsundere

Meh

Points: 19,669, Level: 88 Points: 19,669, Level: 88 Points: 19,669, Level: 88
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Thanked 1,129 Times in 846 Posts
Myna has much to be proud of Myna has much to be proud of Myna has much to be proud of Myna has much to be proud of Myna has much to be proud of Myna has much to be proud of Myna has much to be proud of Myna has much to be proud of Myna has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnetiS View Post
In my opinion weddings is a way for people to show off, and get presents <.<
The same as my opinion on it.

Aslong two people love eachother so much then why is it really needed?

\(・ω・\)My anime list(/・ω・)/
Blood is the best kitty!
Myna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Myna For This Useful Post:
GnetiS (February 13, 2012)
Old February 13, 2012   #7
Valiant Knight
is surfing around

Meh

Points: 3,816, Level: 39 Points: 3,816, Level: 39 Points: 3,816, Level: 39
HallowFiend will become famous soon enough HallowFiend will become famous soon enough

I understand where you're coming from Godless, but why should the state play any role the love lives of people? And not to be rude, but this might be, you're reasoning seems like marriage is just something you do for legal reasons. Marriage qualifies the other person to legally own half your stuff you say, and getting a pre nup cancels that out, so isn't marriage a little redundant then?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
HallowFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2012   #8
Vindicator
up everything.

Amused

Points: 126,621, Level: 100 Points: 126,621, Level: 100 Points: 126,621, Level: 100
Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome Godless is just fucking awesome

True you don't need marriage to proof your love..

but getting married is being proud of that luv so much so your telling the State and all his ppl this is your Life mate.. that you want them to recognise she/he is your other half..
Old February 13, 2012   #9
Vindicator
up everything.

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallowFiend View Post
I understand where you're coming from Godless, but why should the state play any role the love lives of people? And not to be rude, but this might be, you're reasoning seems like marriage is just something you do for legal reasons. Marriage qualifies the other person to legally own half your stuff you say, and getting a pre nup cancels that out, so isn't marriage a little redundant then?
i was more pointing out the legal responsibility of marriage.. that 'Love' isn't everything..
it's a legal obligation..
in that sense marriage IS a big deal..

lol yea, i guess you can say that.. but there's different types of pre~nups.. so it's not all for show or 'redundant' as you say not in all cases
Old February 13, 2012   #10
Banned
is busy with w/e atm.

Awesome

Points: 41,308, Level: 100 Points: 41,308, Level: 100 Points: 41,308, Level: 100
Thanked 5,077 Times in 3,960 Posts
CureOne is just fucking awesome CureOne is just fucking awesome CureOne is just fucking awesome CureOne is just fucking awesome CureOne is just fucking awesome CureOne is just fucking awesome CureOne is just fucking awesome CureOne is just fucking awesome CureOne is just fucking awesome CureOne is just fucking awesome CureOne is just fucking awesome

Whatever to it, I couldent care less, like two people are together than thats that. it's up to them what they do or dont, nothing is going to stop it.
CureOne is offline   Reply With Quote