Old February 24, 2012   #71
xVV
Elite Paladin
is picking anime to watch
randomly

Hungry

Points: 10,161, Level: 67 Points: 10,161, Level: 67 Points: 10,161, Level: 67
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
xVV is a glorious beacon of light xVV is a glorious beacon of light xVV is a glorious beacon of light xVV is a glorious beacon of light xVV is a glorious beacon of light xVV is a glorious beacon of light

I don't see anything wrong with movies and television bringing up social issues. I've watched quite a bit of Golden Girls (yes, the show is hilarious) and for it's time it brought up quite a few controversial topics. It's a good way to bring things into the public eyes. Or in Star Trek, when they had the first interracial kiss on television.
Old February 24, 2012   #72
Master Knight
is finally relaxing

Friendly

Points: 4,284, Level: 41 Points: 4,284, Level: 41 Points: 4,284, Level: 41
Grabacr8492 has a spectacular aura about Grabacr8492 has a spectacular aura about Grabacr8492 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
Of course the movies are trying to have a theme or a message, but to say it has an agenda is a little much. It is not like there is some secret room under the Hollywood sign where a bunch of liberal big wigs get together and cook up plans on how they can brainwash kids into not destroying the environment. And really, is that such a bad idea to put into children's heads anyways? I mean Sesame Street has been trying to teach kids to be a good person, respect your elders, and so on through the means of entertainment for years! Just about all children's entertainment had some kind of a message that they are trying to sneak in while the kids think they are just having fun. I do not see how these movies are any different.
Oh, come on. the movies I mentioned clearly had an agenda. Big Bad evil company looking for resources, burning down forests to get it, scarring the landscape of a planet, and wrongly portraying natives that kill their employees as ferocious, primitive peoples? That's James Cameron's Avatar, and that clearly has an agenda. Avatar was pretty much Ferngully on steriods.

Actually, it is. Companies and other entities which "scar" the landscape provide us with many things we take for granted. Most of the houses nowadays heavily rely on lumber. The ones made out of stones or brick need the resources to be taken from the earth, usually they come from quarries. Your government's official buildings are probably made out of marble or some other stone that needs to be taken from quarries. No matter how you look at it, the positions shown in the movie are all one-sided, and all portray a heavily-propagandized view of how natural resources are taken from the earth. They conveniently ignore the fact that the harnessing of natural resources are a key part of human life. As for Arrietty, "borrowers"? Really? Taking things that they won't miss? That's called stealing, or in this case "borrowing without asking." That's quite different from trying to teach kids to respect one's elders. You can't compare them.

Grabacr8492 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grabacr8492 For This Useful Post:
OldGrumpyBear (February 24, 2012)
Old February 24, 2012   #73
Guardian
is Lookin good in drag :3

Godly

Points: 5,944, Level: 49 Points: 5,944, Level: 49 Points: 5,944, Level: 49
KuroShiniHentai is a name known to all KuroShiniHentai is a name known to all KuroShiniHentai is a name known to all KuroShiniHentai is a name known to all KuroShiniHentai is a name known to all KuroShiniHentai is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVV View Post
I don't see anything wrong with movies and television bringing up social issues. I've watched quite a bit of Golden Girls (yes, the show is hilarious) and for it's time it brought up quite a few controversial topics. It's a good way to bring things into the public eyes. Or in Star Trek, when they had the first interracial kiss on television.
i ont know much startrek so interracial or inter species?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabacr8492 View Post
Oh, come on. the movies I mentioned clearly had an agenda. Big Bad evil company looking for resources, burning down forests to get it, scarring the landscape of a planet, and wrongly portraying natives that kill their employees as ferocious, primitive peoples? That's James Cameron's Avatar, and that clearly has an agenda. Avatar was pretty much Ferngully on steriods.

Actually, it is. Companies and other entities which "scar" the landscape provide us with many things we take for granted. Most of the houses nowadays heavily rely on lumber. The ones made out of stones or brick need the resources to be taken from the earth, usually they come from quarries. Your government's official buildings are probably made out of marble or some other stone that needs to be taken from quarries. No matter how you look at it, the positions shown in the movie are all one-sided, and all portray a heavily-propagandized view of how natural resources are taken from the earth. They conveniently ignore the fact that the harnessing of natural resources are a key part of human life. As for Arrietty, "borrowers"? Really? Taking things that they won't miss? That's called stealing, or in this case "borrowing without asking." That's quite different from trying to teach kids to respect one's elders. You can't compare them.
it's not like they can get food stamps though can they, if i was in that situation i'd steal aswell. and avatar was basically pocahontis (i have no idea on spelling)

Last edited by KuroShiniHentai; February 24, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
KuroShiniHentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2012   #74
Adept Paladin
is i am the king of
perversion...the soltan of fap

Sneaky

Points: 34,327, Level: 100 Points: 34,327, Level: 100 Points: 34,327, Level: 100
kage22111 is a glorious beacon of light kage22111 is a glorious beacon of light kage22111 is a glorious beacon of light kage22111 is a glorious beacon of light kage22111 is a glorious beacon of light kage22111 is a glorious beacon of light

look little kids wouldnt understand what the message is (if there was one any way) ......they re just kids! they just want to see a bunch of colorful stuff to move around and entertain them....they are not taking it in like a code or anything damn

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
kage22111 is offline   Reply With Quote