Go Back   AnimeUltima.TV Forums > Entertainment > Media

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7, 2012   #1
Valiant Knight
is surfing around

Meh

Points: 4,058, Level: 40 Points: 4,058, Level: 40 Points: 4,058, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
HallowFiend will become famous soon enough HallowFiend will become famous soon enough
Default Recent Movies You've Seen?

Simple thread, what are some movies you've watched recently and enjoyed or thought were really good?

For me, I recently watched Serenity, which was freaking awesome. Loved everything about it, really good from start to end, and it had an awesome plot and was just really well done.

Another one I watched was Despicable Me, I originally saw this movie in theatres when it came out, but it's been a while since then so I decided to re watch it, and it was still just as funny and cute as I remember it being the first time I saw it.

The one I'm watching as I type this is the Star Trek movie that came out in '09. This is probably my tenth time watching this, but it's still so good. Just another well done movie in my opinion at least.

The next one I'm looking forward to watching is a movie a friend recommended called Se7ens. I will find out "what's in the box."

Anyways, post some movies you've seen recently and hopefully we'll all get some new movies to watch.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
HallowFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2012   #2
Master Knight
is Bitching about grad school

Friendly

Points: 7,438, Level: 57 Points: 7,438, Level: 57 Points: 7,438, Level: 57
Akbd will become famous soon enough Akbd will become famous soon enough

I don't know, I have given up on movies, fed up to the teeth with them. My favourite will always be Star Wars. The only movies I watch now are animated or biopics or old ones.

Lately I have watched Megamind (animated) which was really hilarious. Also watched the Red Baron, was a little disappointed as there was not much screen time for air battles but it was a decent watch with nice background scores.

This is a nice thread hopefully I can get some more decent movies to watch.
Akbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2012   #3
Master Paladin
is Disappointed

Meh

Points: 10,971, Level: 69 Points: 10,971, Level: 69 Points: 10,971, Level: 69
Thanked 1,117 Times in 714 Posts
Sharp has much to be proud of Sharp has much to be proud of Sharp has much to be proud of Sharp has much to be proud of Sharp has much to be proud of Sharp has much to be proud of Sharp has much to be proud of Sharp has much to be proud of Sharp has much to be proud of

Hmm... The most recent movie I watched was The Hunger Games, which I went to cinema to see with my friends.
It was average. I think I may have enjoyed it better if it had been darker with a higher age rating than the one it has. That, or if my favourite movie of all time was not Battle Royale, which in my opinion is the book series that the Hunger Games ripped off... Well, I won't go into much detail. I don't want to cause a debate.

Out of 7 billion people, at least 1 or 2 has to be just as stupid as someone else.
- Topiary
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2012   #4
Knight
is hellzar2

Godly

Points: 3,012, Level: 33 Points: 3,012, Level: 33 Points: 3,012, Level: 33
hellzar2 will become famous soon enough

I as well watched the Hunger Games, and also thought it was quite average. There was only really one good moment in it---black man rage---that should be fairly obvious to everyone who has seen it yet not enough to be considered a spoiler.

I also watched The Raid, which was an amazing action but absolutely plotless.

Greatly enjoyed Danny the Dog AKA Unleashed with both Jet Li and Morgan Freeman, was great.

In Time, was another good one. Original plot, well acted.

Thats about it. I've been watching a lot more TV shows than movies lately---Person of Interest, Suits, Supernatural, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, ALL GREAT.
hellzar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2012   #5
Valiant Knight
is surfing around

Meh

Points: 4,058, Level: 40 Points: 4,058, Level: 40 Points: 4,058, Level: 40
HallowFiend will become famous soon enough HallowFiend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellzar2 View Post
Thats about it. I've been watching a lot more TV shows than movies lately---Person of Interest, Suits, Supernatural, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, ALL GREAT.
I love Supernatural, but I hate this time of year when the new episodes are all randomly spaced out and are never weekly. I've yet to watch Game of Thrones and Walking Dead though, despite always hearing how awesome they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbd
Lately I have watched Megamind (animated) which was really hilarious.
I really enjoyed Megamind. Whenever I fly to Ontario to visit family I watch a bunch of movies on the plane (thank you Air Canada and your free movies) and Megamind was one of them. I also watched Thor and Rango, which were all good movies I thought.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
HallowFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2012   #6
Master Knight
is Bitching about grad school

Friendly

Points: 7,438, Level: 57 Points: 7,438, Level: 57 Points: 7,438, Level: 57
Akbd will become famous soon enough Akbd will become famous soon enough

Was Thor the animated one? I get upset at watching superhero movies, being a huge fan of the comics and original cartoons. They never live up to my expectations and the actors usually make a hash of it.

I think greater roles in such movies should be given to villains, they are the most important people in the superhero movies not the heroes.

I have wanted to watch Rango, for a while, good that you reminded me.
Akbd is offline   Reply With Quote