LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 9, 2012   #1
Master Paladin
is Disappointed

Meh

Points: 10,824, Level: 68 Points: 10,824, Level: 68 Points: 10,824, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Thanked 1,116 Times in 713 Posts
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Red face Criticism for my Sig

Thank you for taking your time to help me. I would appreciate your help with reviewing the signature I have. Please read all of this so you understand my situation.

The current sig I have was created roughly two years ago, to be honest.
I used to make signatures ALL the time, in order to familiarise myself with GIMP.
My main goal was to become comfortable with GIMP in order to help me convert my drawings into digital format for me to colour them. In the end, it worked and I have been drawing happily ever since.

However, now that I feel like I can be accepted in this community, I decided to start creating a signature for myself to help me fit in.

So even though my current one was created two years ago, I still want it criticised so I know how I can develop my current skills to create the masterpiece that I would love to use in the future.

My personal criticisms is the colour scheme does not match the render, which I recognised at the time, however I really thought that it looked good. Though I understand that I have really odd tastes when it comes to colour schemes. So can you also comment on whether such a scheme I have used is ugly or not?

What are your thoughts?

Out of 7 billion people, at least 1 or 2 has to be just as stupid as someone else.
- Topiary
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2012   #2
Vice-Head Events Organizer
is The Most Illustrated

Bemused

Points: 13,961, Level: 76 Points: 13,961, Level: 76 Points: 13,961, Level: 76
dreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to behold

looks like a 05 sig version of just brush spamming and what not. i suggest looking at c4d's and use concept art stocks for your bgs and then spice it up with efffects like fractals or stuff you find in a art pack

-Swag on you hoes-
dreamepitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2012   #3
Master Paladin
is Disappointed

Meh

Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamepitaph View Post
looks like a 05 sig version of just brush spamming and what not. i suggest looking at c4d's and use concept art stocks for your bgs and then spice it up with efffects like fractals or stuff you find in a art pack
That is all it was! Gosh, do I feel embarrassed. Perhaps I should have looked at tutorials first.
Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely give that a try.
I never knew what those were called. Thank you!

PS: Do you have an online resource of various brush sets and C4D's?

Out of 7 billion people, at least 1 or 2 has to be just as stupid as someone else.
- Topiary

Last edited by Sharp; April 9, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old April 9, 2012   #4
Vice-Head Events Organizer
is The Most Illustrated

Bemused

Points: 13,961, Level: 76 Points: 13,961, Level: 76 Points: 13,961, Level: 76
dreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to beholddreamepitaph is a splendid one to behold

uhh i can look up some. just register at places like gfxvoid, and fringefx (google the bolded) and look at the resources section also take a look at tagfreak

-Swag on you hoes-
dreamepitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dreamepitaph For This Useful Post:
Sharp (April 9, 2012)
Old April 9, 2012   #5
Vindicator
is Never trust an atom, they make
up everything.

Amused

Points: 118,619, Level: 100 Points: 118,619, Level: 100 Points: 118,619, Level: 100
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
Thanked 5,549 Times in 3,636 Posts
Godless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesome

the only thing that comes to mind, is that red shoulda Been like Blue.. or orange..

that it looked like Flames is what i mean

Blue flames

idk, just an idea..
Godless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2012   #6
Master Paladin
is Disappointed

Meh

That is great.
Thank you so much for your help.
I greatly appreciate it.

- Topiary
Old April 9, 2012   #7
Avenger
is bloup

Piratey

Points: 30,561, Level: 100 Points: 30,561, Level: 100 Points: 30,561, Level: 100
Thanked 1,199 Times in 665 Posts
reckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud of

i feel like the position of the render within the sig and the position of the text are a bit off too
you should maybe look up the rule of third
i completely agree on the color that looks kinda weird togheter
but i think its just because the render doesnt completely fit and a gradient map would help a lot here
so, good luck and keep practicing! ^^
Sharp (April 9, 2012)
Old April 9, 2012   #8
Vindicator
is Never trust an atom, they make
up everything.

Amused

Points: 118,619, Level: 100 Points: 118,619, Level: 100 Points: 118,619, Level: 100
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
Thanked 5,549 Times in 3,636 Posts
Godless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesomeGodless is just fucking awesome

lol, i like the Dancing Queen one better.. ^_^
Godless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2012   #9
Master Paladin
is Disappointed

Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckoner27 View Post
i feel like the position of the render within the sig and the position of the text are a bit off too
you should maybe look up the rule of third
i completely agree on the color that looks kinda weird togheter
but i think its just because the render doesnt completely fit and a gradient map would help a lot here
so, good luck and keep practicing! ^^
The rule of thirds. That is an extremely helpful tip.
Composition has always been something I struggled with.
I never knew such a rule existed. Now after looking it up, I really see how it helps it achieve a more complex look.

Thank you so much.

- Topiary
Old April 9, 2012   #10
Avenger
is bloup

Piratey

Points: 30,561, Level: 100 Points: 30,561, Level: 100 Points: 30,561, Level: 100
Thanked 1,199 Times in 665 Posts
reckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud ofreckoner27 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
The rule of thirds. That is an extremely helpful tip.
Composition has always been something I struggled with.
I never knew such a rule existed. Now after looking it up, I really see how it helps it achieve a more complex look.

Thank you so much.
very welcome
i had so much struggle at first too!!!
now i think i have the basic down
but still so much to learn and improve!^^
i really recommend you to spend some time into the tut section
it will save you so much time later on the canvas!! :)
glad i was some help!!