Watch Anime Online

Watch Streaming Anime Online Free - English Subbed & Dubbed Episodes

Go Back   AnimeUltima.TV Forums > Main Category > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10, 2012   #161
Adept Paladin
is Morose

Depressed

skypiercer is just really nice skypiercer is just really nice skypiercer is just really nice skypiercer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahRIP View Post
"You know what happens when you turn the other cheek? You get slapped twice."

Godless, can I quote you?

Seriously though, the other cheek philosophy is pretty stupid in some cases. If there is anything life taught me, it's not to get hung up on noble sounding quotes and dogma. It's good to have a code, but there are times when you've gotta adapt. Most situations require a unique approach. In some cases, talking your way out is the smarter thing, sometimes taking it on the chin, sometimes fighting back, there is no magic pill.

To reiterate my OPINION, I'll quote Bas Rutten. "I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in TWO eyes for an eye." (Well, not that extreme, but you get my drift)
Committing sins doesn't make a person evil. What makes a person evil is choosing to sin knowing full well that it is wrong. Humans are greedy and selfish aren't they. Always choosing what is best and ignoring what is right.

Many will learn the hard way... like I have learned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypiercer View Post
All through middle school I kept to myself. What had happened to me before that, was too painful itself. I was selfish and cruel. I was a cynical person who always thought of the glass half empty. My appearance, my personality, everything about me was so ugly and nasty. I had a hard time sleeping at night. Every night I lay in bed my eyes will be open, and I can see the darkness that awaits me in the moonless sky. I did not know why, but I could never fall asleep.

It was in the middle of my 9th grade year in high school when I looked up a website about sleeping disorder. The site shows that recalling what you did for the day can help you fall asleep. That night I try to recall what I did for the day.

I went to school. When I got to school I saw the usual teacher who always carried too much stuff to his classroom. I went to my first period class which is my math class. Many students in there do not know how to do the math and will always do the question wrong. On my way to my second period the girl in the wheel chair will try to open the door on her own and end up in a struggle. After that I finally realize why I have such a hard time sleeping. I then realize what a bad human being I was. I didn't even bother to help the teacher carry his luggage. I didn't even attempt to help the student in my math class with their struggle on the subject. I didn't even care to help open the door to a girl in a wheel chair.

Have someone ever asked you "How could you sleep at night?" You only say that to a person who is cruel and heartless. A person who cares for no one but himself. I realize that I was that person. I realize that that is why I could not sleep at night. I was evil, so sick and tainted. Now, how could I be able to sleep at night. I wanted to cry after realizing this. I wanted to kill myself for what I had done.

The next day, I went to school and offered to carry some of the bags of the teacher. I helped my classmate on their struggles with math. I help open the door for the girl in the wheel chair. That night, I finally had a good night sleep.
At some point, a person will look at themselves inside a mirror. They will either be proud of who they are, or glare in disdain.

Last edited by skypiercer; April 10, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
skypiercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2012   #162
Veteran Soldier
is hey im back 1 year later

Cool

Points: 605, Level: 12 Points: 605, Level: 12 Points: 605, Level: 12
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
A4M_Jared is on a distinguished road

Useily If I see someone picking on a kid I beat the shit out of them.

Yes I do solve most of my problems with violence
A4M_Jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2012   #163
Recruit

Points: 858, Level: 15 Points: 858, Level: 15 Points: 858, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
YeahRIP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypiercer View Post
Committing sins doesn't make a person evil. What makes a person evil is choosing to sin knowing full well that it is wrong. Humans are greedy and selfish aren't they. Always choosing what is best and ignoring what is right.

Many will learn the hard way... like I have learned:

At some point, a person will look at themselves inside a mirror. They will either be proud of who they are, or glare in disdain.
Hold your horses pal, how egotistical and narrow minded are you?!? To believe that YOU know what is RIGHT and what is SIN. And yeah, humans ARE greedy and selfish. You helped these people to alleviate your guilt, to sleep at night. Not to help them, the very root of your action was selfish --> Selfishness is a sin --> Therefore you're a sinner?, doesn't that go against your perception of what is RIGHT? I do understand your point, I'm not ignorant to it. That's why the Utopian version of the world you have, though noble and admirable, it's not realistic in present times.

(I only said the above in a crude way to make a counter arguments, I don't actually think you're narrow minded or nothing like that, I'm just moving perspectives).

I always try to be kind to other people if they're cool people. I've made most of my bullies into friends. But let me tell you an anecdote.

I was coming back from a festival, drunk, high and happy as ever. A guy was walking ahead of me, he won a bunch of mascots and teddies (looked like they were for his GF) He dropped one of them without realizing it... I picked it up, gave it to him, heard a thank you, saw a smile, felt good, walked away. On my way home (A long way to walk alone) I asked myself "Why did I give that guy his teddy?" I couldn't give a rats ass if he had it. I gave it to him to boost my sense of self. To hear that gratitude expressed, so I could have my 10 seconds of "Man, I'm a boss". It would be a stretch to say that I have no compassion towards other people and lack any empathy... but it's usually a mixture of empathy and desire for conscientious reward.

I look at myself in a mirror, and I like almost everything. I see a lot of room for improvement (Especially in the laziness department). What I hate most? Probably getting timid and shy around girls I like, but I don't consider myself bad because I'll hit a bully back.

P.S. I know that the usual perception about fighting is "you're harming another being"... Well, getting my ass humiliated at a gym by a 12 year old was a damn important lesson. And beating someone whose ego is causing them to hurt others can be beneficial. You DESTROY their ego, and maybe, just maybe, their character may fortify a little, keeping the Ego down. Never have I seen a bully, bully someone again after tasting their own medicine.

VERY LONG POST. Sorry.
YeahRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YeahRIP For This Useful Post:
Arkantos (April 10, 2012), Drickz (April 10, 2012), loote (June 25, 2012), Tritone21 (April 14, 2012)