LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2012   #1
Avenger
is the Ghost of Uchiha

Sneaky

Points: 29,650, Level: 99 Points: 29,650, Level: 99 Points: 29,650, Level: 99
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Thanked 1,022 Times in 670 Posts
KenseixHisagi69 has much to be proud ofKenseixHisagi69 has much to be proud ofKenseixHisagi69 has much to be proud ofKenseixHisagi69 has much to be proud ofKenseixHisagi69 has much to be proud ofKenseixHisagi69 has much to be proud ofKenseixHisagi69 has much to be proud ofKenseixHisagi69 has much to be proud of
Default What is this new aggressive insect?

I come from southern ohio, U.S.A. and moved to florida, but still have family living there so i still visit. Last year there, during the spring, my mom and dad went to help their friends clean out their belongings in their barn and beneath their log cabin out in the woods and my mother returned with what appeared to be very large insect bites all over her neck. We presumed it was chiggers-red mites that burrow into the skin, but they typically appear in the summer, only last a few days while healing fast and go for tight areas of your body: the waste, private areas, armpits, etc and my mother had nothing covering her neck at all. To add, they last for weeks and do not heal, but instead get red and large and secrete a yellow substance almost like boils :(. We also thought they were mosquitos, but those dont bother any of us and go away in a day or two. I thought it was poison ivy, but none of it was even growing yet in the woods and that typically appears as countless yellow blisters.

Well, this year, we returned to my childhood house where my sister now lives with her husband and four year old son and helped them clean out the woods after the winter storms, mowed the lawn and towed the grass and brush early in April and the same thing happened again not just to mom but to my brother in law, nephew and me. My mom only had one on her neck this time after mowing some of the lawn. I got one on my arm after hawling all the grass and brush and trimming trees. My brother in law sustained several all over his ankle where it swelled up badly and became red and my nephew had a few on his legs and back. We tried looking up what they were, but had no luck so ive decided to come online and speak with my peers about it to see if theyve had any encounters with this alien insect and know what it is. My mothers is dried up but still red and welt-like while mine is still secreting and red and even bleeding now though i havent scratched it at all. No medicine seems to work on them either. Again, if anyone has any info on what they could be and how to treat or avoid them, please let me know. Thanx.

Last edited by KenseixHisagi69; April 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
KenseixHisagi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19, 2012   #2
Master Soldier

Tired

Points: 2,310, Level: 29 Points: 2,310, Level: 29 Points: 2,310, Level: 29
Green_Mountain is on a distinguished road

Have you tried going to the doctor?
Green_Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Green_Mountain For This Useful Post:
Neon_Shadow (April 19, 2012)
Old April 19, 2012   #3
Honorary Staff Member
is Making my way through life~

Amused

Points: 4,381, Level: 42 Points: 4,381, Level: 42 Points: 4,381, Level: 42
Talluh has a spectacular aura aboutTalluh has a spectacular aura aboutTalluh has a spectacular aura about

I would go to the doctor and show them the bites. You guys don't get any other symptoms other than the bites secreting the liquid? Definitely get them checked out.
KenseixHisagi69 (April 19, 2012)
Old April 19, 2012   #4
Master Knight
is sick of studying :|

Meh

Points: 2,287, Level: 28 Points: 2,287, Level: 28 Points: 2,287, Level: 28
Devileyes has a spectacular aura aboutDevileyes has a spectacular aura about

call the police and yell : insect invasion !! , it works everytime ;)...
Old April 19, 2012   #5
Master Paladin
is -insert conceited or profound
bullsh*t-

Friendly

Points: 34,920, Level: 100 Points: 34,920, Level: 100 Points: 34,920, Level: 100
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
Thanked 3,186 Times in 2,122 Posts
tritone21 is just fucking awesometritone21 is just fucking awesometritone21 is just fucking awesometritone21 is just fucking awesometritone21 is just fucking awesometritone21 is just fucking awesometritone21 is just fucking awesometritone21 is just fucking awesometritone21 is just fucking awesometritone21 is just fucking awesometritone21 is just fucking awesome

Sometimes people react strongly to the presence of insect venom and protein, and occasionally our defensive cells are not readily able to combat the dirt and bacteria that the insect injects into us.
When this happens, the limb will become hot and swollen and red due to the spread of infection.
Since you are so prone to react to bites it would be wise for you to take non-sedating antihistamine tablets. Also take all possible precautions to avoid being bitten.
These include the wearing of long trousers, a button-up neck-line and socks as dusk approaches, as well as insect repellant.
Your doctor may refer you to an allergy clinic if:
A sting or bite has caused a generalised allergic reaction.
A sting or bite has caused a large local skin reaction with redness and swelling over 10 cms.
(An allergy clinic will be able to do tests to confirm which type of venom or insect you are allergic to.)

tritone21 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tritone21 For This Useful Post:
CureOne (April 19, 2012), heeroyuy997 (April 19, 2012), ITS_ME_K (April 19, 2012), KenseixHisagi69 (April 19, 2012)