Go Back   AnimeUltima.TV Forums > Main Category > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24, 2012   #61
Master Knight
is vengeful

Secret

Points: 7,135, Level: 55 Points: 7,135, Level: 55 Points: 7,135, Level: 55
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
mauriice has a spectacular aura about mauriice has a spectacular aura about mauriice has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to mauriice Send a message via Skype™ to mauriice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
1) Rats cannot predict earthquakes. Like snakes, they live low to the ground and are sensitive to the vibrations.

They don't put their hand to their forehead and murmur something about a voice telling them there will be an earthquake at 5AM in exactly one week~

2) Why couldn't animals predict ghosts if they are also sensitive to Earthquakes/natural disasters/the Earth's magnetic field? Well, for one, those natural phenomena exist.

3) How would we lose that ability on the... what you call the "evolutionary scale"?

Why would we even have gained the ability in the first place? It serves no actual purpose (which could be proclaimed under a number of different circumstances which I would get in to if I wasn't using such an awkwardly unfamiliar keyboard to type right now.
C'mon verm why do you have to oppose everything...

Well then...

1) If rats and snakes can feel vibrations of the earth so easily because they live 'low to the ground', why can't we sense them when we lie flat to the ground and do we have to use all kinds of hyper-sensitive machines?

2) You can't predict a ghost.. >.< It's not like a ghost is a natural phenomena that happens like once a month.

3) Same as any other ability... we gain it when we need it, we lose it when we don't need it anymore.

I'm prepared to get a bashing comment back... *sigh*

Yume risou ni kaeru.

The Power To Overwhelm And Destroy
mauriice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2012   #62
Visionary
VIP
is in 1080p

Bemused

Points: 25,171, Level: 95 Points: 25,171, Level: 95 Points: 25,171, Level: 95
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,507 Posts
Vermilion has a reputation beyond repute Vermilion has a reputation beyond repute Vermilion has a reputation beyond repute Vermilion has a reputation beyond repute Vermilion has a reputation beyond repute Vermilion has a reputation beyond repute Vermilion has a reputation beyond repute Vermilion has a reputation beyond repute Vermilion has a reputation beyond repute Vermilion has a reputation beyond repute Vermilion has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Vermilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauriice View Post
C'mon verm why do you have to oppose everything...
I don't oppose everything. I oppose what I disagree with.

Quote:
Well then...

1) If rats and snakes can feel vibrations of the earth so easily because they live 'low to the ground', why can't we sense them when we lie flat to the ground and do we have to use all kinds of hyper-sensitive machines?
"...and are sensitive to the vibrations."

We've never needed to be that sensitive to them. A snake needs to know if a fox or some shit is coming, but they have rather poor eyesight. Thus, the snakes which were more sensitive to the vibrations would escape and live on to breed. That's how natural selection works.

We've never needed to worry about a bear three miles away, and if we did, we had other ways to deal with it, like using tools or fire.

Quote:
2) You can't predict a ghost.. >.< It's not like a ghost is a natural phenomena that happens like once a month.
It's not like a ghost is an actual phenomenon*

I don't quite understand your response. Are you agreeing or disagreeing?

Quote:
3) Same as any other ability... we gain it when we need it, we lose it when we don't need it anymore.
In what possible way would we benefit from perceiving something that may or may not be there but whose existence doesn't affect us regardless because they "exist" on a different physical plane.

Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vermilion For This Useful Post:
Arkantos (April 24, 2012)