Go Back   AnimeUltima.TV Forums > Main Category > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12, 2012   #71
Master Knight
is Time to sleep night AU

Tired

Points: 3,486, Level: 36 Points: 3,486, Level: 36 Points: 3,486, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
SketcherForever has a spectacular aura aboutSketcherForever has a spectacular aura about

Damn some of these post are emotional but no worries I approve. As far as for me I have no idea where I'm heading in life and nothing really has motivated me right now so who knows I guess. Damn this post in empty I'm writing it without care lol. 4everempty

Edit: nvm wrist slitting comes to mind now.
SketcherForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012   #72
Master Knight
is genderless

Sneaky

Points: 7,374, Level: 57 Points: 7,374, Level: 57 Points: 7,374, Level: 57
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
shinikage is a jewel in the roughshinikage is a jewel in the roughshinikage is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to shinikage

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorykid View Post
I don't see where you're going with the first paragraph, if you can't contribute to society then you would be considered useless since you can't pay taxes for example. The reason the Wright brother's invention were valuable was that they can export goods to other countries faster than boats and even trains, vaccines help people to live longer so they can continue to contribute to society and Bill Gates coming up with Microsoft is valuable as it helped to advance technology. So I stand by what I said before.

I was thinking if you aim to achieve happiness and search for it I think that would backfire to be honest, and I do think that happiness would come when someone is at peace with themself , but what do I know about happiness I'm just a miserable bastard.
Community is just another word to describe us, or a bunch of us. Country is just a tool or organization to feed us, or as I said, a bunch of us. The taxes and imported goods will only return to the member of society after all. If people being made happy is worthless, then contributing to society itself is worthless as well. It may be somewhat right given different situation when Louis XVI once said "the country is me" (but then again he only prioritized himself and no one else >__>).

That's just my opinion though. I think people can only be happy if they find the theory of happiness on their own, so it's better to think about it yourself, write the idea out and implant it in your mind bit by bit.
shinikage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shinikage For This Useful Post:
Armus (May 12, 2012)
Old May 12, 2012   #73
Noble Knight
is what it is but it is not what
is is, so what is it?

Meh

Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
emanresu has a spectacular aura aboutemanresu has a spectacular aura aboutemanresu has a spectacular aura about

I've ran through all the posts here and I have to say that all are very interesting and I do agree with most of them. For example, like victorykid I also think that life itself has no purpose because at the base level we are but animals so it could be said that purpose of life is just a reproduction, but a difference between humans and other living organisms is in the potential and thats what I really love about humans. I mean, when we are born there is no higher purpose or meaning or anything (if we rule out the possibility that we are harvested for energy or anything like that), we are alive and that's it. However, we grow up, experience and mature (well, maybe not all of us) but what I want to say is that it is us who give reason and purpose to life, us and us alone. I also agree with shinikage that If people being made happy is worthless, then contributing to society itself is worthless as well. If we are to exist just so we could exist then we are just a machines. I, too, believe that happiness is probably the best solution for filling the emptiness but it is up to each individual to find what exactly is that happiness. That's just how I see it.

emanresu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emanresu For This Useful Post:
Armus (May 12, 2012), Godless (May 13, 2012)
Old May 12, 2012   #74
Master Knight
is waiting for 12-21-2012

Points: 7,855, Level: 59 Points: 7,855, Level: 59 Points: 7,855, Level: 59
Armus is a jewel in the roughArmus is a jewel in the roughArmus is a jewel in the roughArmus is a jewel in the rough
Wink Back to the age old question...To be or not to be!

Well, all the nay sayers that believe there's no purpose to living and that happiness is worthless and humanity are just organic machines harvested for energy....

POOP ON YOU!

We're the only species on this planet that creates Culture, that can be passed down from generation to generation without learned behavior between individuals. What that means is that we have writing and accumulated technologies that take generations to develop and improve, so be proud that you aren't a whale, they can't write at all.

We are currently at a crossroads, where resources required to maintain and improve our cultural existence are becoming hard to find, develop and share. Many people as individuals, seem to be reflecting that there is a cumulative cultural panic with a mass hysteria and world wide state of depression.

For the first time in history, a huge number of people believe that the world might end this year (it was reported that at least 17% of the total population world wide believes this). If Europe's economy collapses and the US has a deep recession and Israel attacks Iran and someone starts using nukes, we all could be dead in a few days, so be happy that your alive.

Find something you love to do and take your mind off of it,,,,no really! Lets all PARTY TONIGHT!!!
Old May 13, 2012   #75
Commoner
is is forever alone~

Points: 343, Level: 6 Points: 343, Level: 6 Points: 343, Level: 6
NimuNimu is on a distinguished road

Well personally watching anime, reading manga, playing games, etc takes my mind off of that emptiness inside but after I finish what I've been doing then the emptiness comes back. Good thing I'm such a damn coward or else I'd be cutting myself everyday lol. It also lets me keep a safe distance from alcohol, smoking, drugs, etc so I don't think my life's gonna get messed up any time soon. Don't have any good friends/best friends where I am now too so...
NimuNimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012   #76
Spam Bot
is trade. buy?

Happy

Points: 21,473, Level: 92 Points: 21,473, Level: 92 Points: 21,473, Level: 92
Thanked 1,347 Times in 1,018 Posts
Y0shi has much to be proud ofY0shi has much to be proud ofY0shi has much to be proud ofY0shi has much to be proud ofY0shi has much to be proud ofY0shi has much to be proud ofY0shi has much to be proud ofY0shi has much to be proud ofY0shi has much to be proud ofY0shi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godless View Post
do you feel a hole inside you? an emptiness you are trying to fill?
so i ask you guys, do you feel that emptiness?
do you feel like something is missing in your life?
I give you one not so serious answer, and one a bit more serious.

1. Yeah, Every day I feel empty inside. But I got a cure for it. I usually find something to eat, and then the hole is filled for a couple of hours, until I have to eat some more. It's crazy you know.

2. Yes I do feel like something in my life is missing. But there is too many things that it could be, I do not know one certain single thing that would fill that emptiness inside me. I have felt that hole in me as long as I can remember, but I neither suffer from it and nor do I care especially much about it either.

I believe I have moments when it is filled though, and what fills it differs from times to times. It could be the smallest thing really, that draws my attention and makes me forget that feeling which makes me believe that it is a hole inside me. Because that hole does not exist! It is created by emotions and imagination. If just something makes me think about something other than that imaginary feeling, then it is gone! GONE, gone gone gone! Maybe just for a second, but it is still gone.

And I tell you that for me, that hole is easily filled.
Just use your imagination.
Y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote